- May – June 2022 SHE Factory experiments. Two important SHE Factory experiments were successfully completed in FLNR this summer. One of them resulted in synthesis of Ds new isotope, the other summed up preparations for the study of element 112 and 114 chemical properties. >>>
- January 27, 2022. Update on the experiments at the SHE Factory
- November 26-December 20, 2020. SHE Factory first experiment
- March 25, 2019. Inauguration of the Superheavy Element Factory in the FLNR JINR.
- On December 26, 2018 DC-280 cyclotron first beam of accelerated heavy ions was produced in the FLNR JINR.
- All works on creation of DC-280 cyclotron complex are completed in the FLNR JINR. New cyclotron start-up is planned for November 2018.
(JINR TV, September 12, 2018)
- Commissioning of DC-280 cyclotron complex (JINR TV, July 12, 2018)
FLNR JINR DC-280 cyclotron complex. Commissioning of all systems is under way.
JINR SI Department
Creation of SHE factory based on the high-intensity universal DC-280 cyclotron (A ≤ 238, E ≤ 10 MeV/A, I ≤ 20 pµA) in a new separate experimental building is a part of the DRIBs-III project according to the Seven-Year Plan for the Development of JINR 2010-2016 approved by the Committee of Plenipotentiaries of the Governments of the JINR Member States (CPP) in November 2009.
The SuperHeavy Element Factory will increase the overall production of super-heavy nuclei by one-two orders of magnitude with respect to presently achieved rates. This will enable the studies of nuclear /atomic structure of heaviest atoms and open the door to the discoveries of new elements above Z=118 and of isotopes closer to the predicted shell closure at N=184.
SHE Factory Goals
Experiments at the extremely low (σ<100 fb) cross sections:
- Synthesis of new SHE in reactions with 50Ti, 54Cr …;
- Synthesis of new isotopes of SHE;
- Study of decay properties of SHE;
- Study of excitation functions.
Experiments requiring high statistics:
- Nuclear spectroscopy of SHE;
- Precise mass measurements;
- Study of chemical properties of SHE.
- DC280 cyclotron, a stand-alone SHE-factory
- Synthesis and study of properties of superheavy elements;
- Search for new reactions for SHE-synthesis;
- Chemistry of new elements;
DC280 cyclotron main design parameters
Ion source DECRIS-PM – 14 GHz on the
HV platform (Umax=60 kV )
Injection energy Up to 80 keV/Z A/Z range 4÷7.5 Energy 4÷8 MeV/A Ion mass (for DECRIS-PM) 4-136 Intensities (A~50) >10 ρμA Magnetic field level 0.6÷1.3 T K factor 280 Dee voltage 2×130 kV RF power consumption 2×30 kW Flat-top dee voltage 2×13 kV Flat-top power consumption 2×2 kW Beam emittance less than 30 π mm•mrad Efficiency of beam transfer >50%
- SHE Factory Project progress