Project DRIBs-III, further development of the FLNR accelerator complex includes modernization of existing cyclotrons, construction of a new experimental hall, creation of the new high current cyclotron and the next generation experimental set-ups. Realization of the project is planned for 2010–2016.
Project DRIBs-III according to recommendations of NPPACs, SCs and CPP:
– Completion of modernization of cyclotrons U400 and U400M
– Sharing of physical tasks between accelerators
– Creation of SHE factory based on the high-intensity universal DC280 cyclotron (A≤238, E≤10 MeV•A , I≤ 20 pμA) in a new separate experimental building
– Creation of new generation experimental set-ups
– Total reconstruction of the U400 experimental hall, including 6 radiation safe experimental caves
– Construction of a special building for physical groundwork of nanotechnology (1500 m2), based on IC100 and U400M.
- DRIBS-III ACCELERATOR COMPLEX