| FLNR SCIENTIFIC PROGRAMME
Synthesis and Properties of Nuclei at the Stability Limits
| Leader: ||M.G. Itkis |
| Scientific leader:
|| Yu.Ts. Oganessian|
Synthesis and investigation of properties of nuclei at stability limits. Research into the mechanisms of heavy-ion induced reactions. The study of physical and chemical properties of heavy and superheavy elements.
Expected main results in 2011:
- Analysis of the data on the synthesis of the element 117 obtained in the reaction 48Ca + 249Bk and the element 115 obtained in the reaction 48Ca + 243Am.
- Continuations of works on creation of a new facility - velocity filter on the base of the separator VASSILISSA.
- Carrying out experiments on chemical identification of the element 113 in the reaction 48Ca + 243Am.
- Measurements of isotopes masses of superheavy elements at the separator MASHA.
- Study of mass-energy, charge and angular distributions of fragments in the transfer reactions, reactions of fission and quasifission. Producing and studying of new neutron rich heavy nuclei in the range N=126 (Xe+Pb, Kr+Pb) at the facility CORSAR. Investigation of exotic spontaneous and induced fission modes of heavy nuclei using the MiniFOBOS set-up.
- Research of the structure of light nuclei 10He, 14Be, 17Ne, 26S with the use of radioactive beams and a tritium target.
- Study of the characteristics of different channels of nuclear reactions for neutron rich weakly bound nuclei near the Coulomb barrier.
- Theoretical study of the mechanisms of heavy ion induced reactions.
- Development of the knowledge base on nuclear physics within the global computer network.
From 03-5-1094-2010/2014 item of the Topical plan for JINR research and international cooperation 2011.