| FLNR SCIENTIFIC PROGRAMME
Radiation Effects and Physical Bases of Nanotechnology, Radioanalytical and
Radioisotope Investigations on FLNR Accelerators
| Leaders: ||S.N. Dmitriev|
Study of effects produced by heavy ions in matter aiming at the development of nanotechnological applications of ion beams. Works related to life sciences: production of ultra-pure isotopes and research of the properties of practically important radionuclides. Modernization of the FLNR accelerator complex for the production of medical isotopes and development of methods of material modification.
Expected main results in 2009:
From 04-5-1076-2009/2011 item of the Topical plan for JINR research and international cooperation 2009.
- Data aquisition on radiation damage of dielectric single crystals in the range of ionization and elastic energy losses of high-energy heavy ions using ionoluminescence, scanning electron microscopy and atomic force microscopy methods.
- Research on the processes of synthesis of composite three-dimensional nano-structures in metals exposed to a multi-component beam of multi-charged ions.
- Development of methods of producing track nanopores of different configurations for atomic beam nanolithography, sensor technology, and modelling ion transport in constrained volumes.
- Fabrication and study of functional composite track membranes.
- Refinement of the methods for the control over the low-intensity ion beams on IC-100.
- Refining the vacuum system of specialized channel on IC-100.