NEW DEVELOPING SETUPS
- GaLS - Gas Cell Based Laser Ionization Setup, an experimental setup based on the method of stopping reaction fragments in gas and on their subsequent selective resonance laser ionization.
- ACCULINNA-II - Success of the light exotic nuclei research program of ACCULINNA separator inspired the creation of ACCULINNA-2 fragment separator of the next generation. In March 2017 ACCULINNA-2 basic setup for radioactive ion beam production was put into operation at U400M heavy ion accelerator.
- ACCULINNA - "ACCULINNA" separator was put into operation in 1996. It is designed for separation of the productive target secondary beams with magnetic rigidity up to 3.5 T.m. The separator upgrade enhanced radioactive beams intensity and purity which in its turn enabled to perform tritium experiments.
- COMBAS - "COMBAS" wide-aperture kinematic separator was assembled and put into operation in 1996-97. It may be used efficiently both as a high resolution spectrometer for study of nuclear reaction mechanisms and as a separator in "in-flight" mode for synthesis and study of short-living nuclei near the border line of nuclear stability.
- CORSET - "CORSET" spectrometer is designed for determination of extreme conditions for atomic nuclei existence. The aspects of synthesis and survival of superheavy nuclei, existence of exotic nuclei far from the border line of stability are studied here. A number of works performed here are devoted to the systematic development of methods of experimental investigation of the fusion-fission processes in nuclear reactions with heavy ions at U400 accelerator of the FLNR.
- miniFOBOS-2 - At present the modified miniFOBOS setup is a combination of the double-arm time-of-flight - energy spectrometer assembled of standard modules of the FOBOS 4π spectrometer and a neutron bell of 3He counters. miniFOBOS spectrometer has a modular structure which enables to adapt it easily to a particular experiment. This feature turned out to be very useful in the experiments on search and study of Collinear Cluster Tripartition (CCT) of heavy nuclei.
- GFRS - Dubna gas-filled separator of recoil nuclei was put into operation in 1989. The separator is one of the FLNR basic research setups. A number of unique experiments on synthesis of new superheavy elements, among them Elements 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 and 118 of the Periodic Table, were performed here.
- MASHA - "MASHA" new separator and analyzer is designed for separation and measurement of nuclear and molecular mass. The setup allows to determine the mass of super heavy nuclei with resolution from 0.3 amu and above 300 amu.
- MAVR - "MAVR" high-resolution magnetic analyser is intended for measurement of mass, charge, and energy distributions of A = 40-100 products from nuclear reactions with heavy ions at energies of 10 ≤ E ≤ 30 MeV/nucleon with a high momentum resolution (10-4 or better) at forward angles and for high-energy-resolution investigation of nuclear reactions induced by beam of light exotic nuclei from the DRIBs-III complex at near-barrier energies.
- MULTI - The first multimodule setup was created in the FLNR in 1966. At present U400 accelerator experiments are organised to study properties of nuclear reactions such as transfer reaction, elastic scattering, fusion-fission reactions, fragmentation reactions using stable beams of up to 35 MeV/nuclon energy. This research setup includes "KAPRIZ" multidetector chamber, multi-stranded proportional chamber and "MULTI" multi-layer silicon telescope.
- SHELS - SHELS (Separator for Heavy ELement Spectroscopy) velocity filter was developed for the synthesis of heavy nuclei and study of their decay properties.